All Scripture is God-breathed. (2 Tim. 3:16).
For prophesy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. (2 Pet. 1:21).
2. Do you submit to that authority even when it is unpopular, and even when speaking Truth will subject you to accusations of bigotry?
Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. (Matt. 5:11)
Because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him … for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God. (John 12:43)
3. Do you believe that once God has defined marriage, a believer’s view of marriage is governed by God’s Word and not the views of the world?
We must obey God rather than men. (Acts 5:29)
4. Do you believe that marriage is covenantal, a picture of Christ and the church? That even when the world (and now the law) scream that the purpose of marriage is to meet our needs, it is instead something holy and permanent?
But Jesus told them, … “From the beginning of creation God made them male and female. ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, man must not separate.” (Matt. 10:5-9)
This mystery is profound, but I am talking about Christ and the church. (Eph. 5:32)
5. Do you believe that all people are created in God’s image, the object of His love, and that He gave the ultimate sacrifice to give all men and women the opportunity to turn to Him?
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
6. Do you believe that we are all sinners in need of grace, and that no man or woman is lesser simply because he or she struggles in, or is blinded in, different areas than we?
If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:8)
7. Do you believe that God is sovereign and that under His control there is no justification for panic or despair?
Do not be startled or afraid. Have I not told you and declared it long ago? You are my witnesses! Is there any God but Me? There is no other Rock; I do not know any. (Is. 44:8)
8. Do you remain committed to obey the fundamental commands of our Savior no matter the state of the culture?
This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. (John 15:12)
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations. (Matt. 28:19)